To help bridge the gap between creatives and technologists for art, animation, gameplay and narratives on the highest quality titles which set out to make a strong statement.
- 2007-Present: Director of Technical Art and Animation, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment/Turbine.
- 2001-2007: Manager of Animation, Sony Computer Entertainment America
- 2000-2001: Animator/Character TD, Visual Book Productions
- 2000: Animator, Aston Entertainment
- 1998-2000: Course Director of Motion Studies, and Animation in 3D, Full Sail
- 1997-1998: Trainer/Animator/Character TD, ImagineAsia
- 1996-1997: Course Director of "Computer Animation I and II", Full Sail
- 2008-Present: Co-founder, Rigging Dojo.
- 2008, 2009 and 2010: Adjunct Faculty, Computer Animation, Mount Ida College
- 2008: Consulting, Autodesk
- 2008, 2013: Instructor, Computer Animation, Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University
- 2007-2008: Consulting, House of Moves
- 2006-2013: Advisory Board Member: Full Sail's Computer Animation and Game Art Degrees
Management: Manage a large, multi-disciplined staff: Career paths, yearly reviews, one on one meetings, conflict resolution. Mentoring.
Production: Create character animation and rigs. Keyframe and Motion Capture. Manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous large productions. Experience leading art and animation production as well as tool development in waterfall and Scrum. Casting artists based on talent and project need. Managing schedule and budget. Certified Scrum Master.
Pipeline: Design and develop content pipelines: Art, animation, motion capture, custom tools, integration, file formats, software recommendations, develop scripts and tools for artists in pyMel, Python and MEL.
Writing: I write at #altDevBlogADay and my blog.
Teaching: Develop Curriculum and teach classes on game development, technical art and animation at Rigging Dojo, Mount Ida College and The Center of Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University. Guest lectures and workshops at Emerson College, The Ohio State University and Columbia College Chicago.
- 2010: "Technical Art for games", New England Institute of Technology
- 2010: "Rigging for Games and Film", a comparison and contrast, Boston Maya Users Group Meeting
- 2010: "An introduction to Rigging in Maya", 3D Stimulus Day - Great Eastern Technology
- 2008: "Introduction to Rigging", Emerson University
- 2007: Autodesk Motion Builder Master Class The Character Animator Toolkit for Motion Builder Siggraph 2007
- 2006: "Character Animation and Rigging", Art Institute of San Diego
- 2006: "Character Animation and Rigging", Platt College
- 2005: Alias Motion Builder Master Class Motion Editing Siggraph 2005
- 1996 Full Sail, Associates of the Arts, Digital Media.
- Acting for Animators * Official Kaydara MotionBuilder training * Animation Foundation workshops: character animation and rigging * Various traditional art classes * Maya certification courses * Siggraph and GDC courses, panels and papers * Alias Master Classes on advanced character rigging and animation * MEL for Artists * SoftImage certification instruction
My Children and Family, Animation, Gaming, Hockey, Film, Photography, Comedy, Reading, Writing, Music (Bass and Drums), Web technology, Mountain Biking, Teaching, Mentoring
Available upon request and/or via my linkedin profile