2016 - Present
- Senior Technical Project Manager
Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment/Turbine
2007 - 2016
Producer / Scrum Master on the Game of Thrones Mobile Project. My role is to solve production and technical issues to let artists and technologists make the best features possible. I strive to keep the team and client(s) happy and productive. I also manage the audio production of the game.
Technical Art Director and Product Owner for internal tools development. I Prioritize requests from Art Directors for custom content creation tools. Then I task the Technical Art team to create tools and support Artists and other developers.
Design and support the art pipelines for all projects.
Directly or Indirectly Manage a team of up to 20 animators, technical artists, and software engineers.
Currently I am managing two people.
2009 - Present
Co-Founded Rigging Dojo; an online school to teach character rigging and related technical arts.
Built an online community for students, teachers and working professionals.
Sony Computer Entertainment America
2001 - 2007
Manager of Animation
Manage a team of over 30 animators, technical artists, and software engineers.
Help manage the animation and art production of 30+ Playstation 2, 3 and PSP titles.
Design and support the animation and motion capture pipelines for above projects.
1996 - 2001
3D Animator, Technical Artist and Teacher
- I created animation, character rigs & other technical art and trained artists at various positions.
Management and Production
Extensive Management Skills.
Product Owner and Certified Scrum Master. Project management in Agile, Kanban, and Waterfall.
Jira, Microsoft Office, Trello, Basecamp, Google Docs, Powerpoint and Keynote.
- Unity3D, Unreal, Many proprietary Engines and Perforce.
- Maya, Motion Builder, Softimage. Tool/UI development with MEL Scripting and Python.
Highly effective Teaching, Curriculum Development and Mentoring skills.
- Clients include: CDIA at Boston University, Columbia College Chicago, Emerson College, Mount Ida College, New England Institute of Technology, The Ohio State University and various Users Group Meetings.
"Motion Editing" at Siggraph 2005.
"The Character Animator Toolkit for MotionBuilder" at Siggraph 2007.
“User Experience for Technical Art” at the GDC 2014.
Back End development
- Python and Node (just started learning).
- Full Sail University - Associate of Science in Digital Media.
- Available upon request and/or via linkedin.
- Augmented Reality, Web Development, Character Animation, Film, Photography, Parenting, Coffee, Kinetic Art, Bass guitar, L+R=J, The Nameless Thirteenth, Jedi.